Packing and Moving Tips
Brooks Moving and Hauling specializes in handling the moving process from start to finish. That process includes offering the following helpful tips to make that process even easier.
- Use linens, towels, and blankets to wrap breakable and fragile items.
- Ask local stores like liquor stores or check sites such as craigslist for boxes.
- Schedule a donation pickup. No need to move things you no longer want.
- Use small boxes for heavier items and large boxes for lighter items.
- Pack your glasses and stemware in clean socks for extra padding.
- Label your boxes with not only what’s in them, but with what room they belong in as well.
- Wrap plates in paper and pack them vertically instead of horizontally and they will be less likely to break.
- Take photos of how your electronics are connected to make it easier to reconnect them.
- Leave your clothes on their hangers and use garbage bags to cover them and keep them clean
- Use storage bins and luggage. They are made to store and transport your items already, use them.
- Don’t leave empty spaces in boxes. Fill in gaps with clothing, towels, or packing paper.